Why Virtual Career Fairs Are The Future For Job Seekers And Employers Alike, From Premier Virtual
Most employers these days expect potential employees to connect online, and the virtual career or job fair has become a highly utilized tool in the global business world. Prior to COVID-19, some companies held virtual or hybrid career fairs, however, the standard of most industries was to host an organization-based, or industry-specific in-person career fair. COVID-19 forced things to accelerate rapidly, and online recruitment and hiring became the norm. Now, as the business world starts to recover, the virtual career fair is here to stay.
Premier Virtual, led by CEO Steve Edwards, has developed an innovative, customizable virtual event platform that led the way when industry worldwide had to learn how to operate solely in the digital space. Premier Virtual has powered 2,500 virtual job fairs, connecting 25,000 employers to over 250,000 job seekers, and believes that this new frontier is the best of both worlds, benefiting job seekers and employers alike.
For employers the benefits of a virtual career or job fair are plentiful:
- Virtual job fair events draw a larger number of applicants and can reach a greater geographical area, bringing in a more diverse group of candidates. Virtual job fairs have a higher rate of attendance 70% than in-person events, 50% according to data from Brazen.
- Virtual job fairs embrace technology and forward-thinking, which can lend itself to a positive company image and brand reputation.
- More efficient use of time, virtual events require far less planning and setup, do not require extra staff, there are no extras like catering, parking, etc.
- Far more organized, ability to streamline the process and target candidates with specific qualities and skills. As well, virtual career fairs will attract candidates that are comfortable with technology and working in the digital space.
- Allows for a more targeted applicant pool and sets up a larger network and pipeline of potential employees for future positions.
- Less costly than in-person events, very low overhead, and a good return on investment.
For job seekers, the virtual job fair has become a very welcome alternative to the long lines, confusion, lack of focus, and chaos often experienced at an in-person career event. Along with convenience there are several reasons job seekers are on board with the transition to virtual career fairs:
- Less time consuming, and far more convenient., making these events more accessible to people who may not otherwise have time or the means to attend. Rather than a trip across town, they can log in and join in from a place and time that works for them.
- Many candidates find in-person career fair events to be very stressful, full of anxiety, and with a lot of pressure to make a perfect first impression. Taking away that level of stress of meeting in person has been a welcome change for many job seekers, allowing them to feel more comfortable, and make more genuine connections with prospective employers.
- Improved candidate experience and more engagement from candidates before events, as well as two-way interaction, allowing candidates to be more involved.
- Virtual career fairs are far more reliable than job boards, and allow candidates to vet potential employers, and learn about them before interviewing.
Premier Virtual is the number one workforce development site in every state; the company is dedicated to lead the way, break new ground, and set the bar for virtual career fairs worldwide. Learn more and connect with the Premier Virtual team on the company website, https://premiervirtual.com.