5 Helpful Tips for Improving the Online Recruitment Process
Over the past 3 years, remote work has become increasingly more prevalent among the labor force, not only here in the US, but on a global scale as well. As of last year (2021), nearly 5 million Americans were working remotely. When “shelter in place” or stay-at-home orders became the norm, the popularity of online job fairs and recruitment events spiked dramatically.
Whether you have an entrepreneurial start-up and are looking for a virtual recruitment platform to reduce company overhead or you have an established company and want to expand on your candidate recruitment options, Premier Virtual can help. Here are 5 helpful tips for effectively recruiting remote workers online:
- Determine what you’re looking for – online recruiting creates a never-ending pool of hiring choices. Unfortunately, you can’t just explore every option in the hopes of landing the most desirable candidates. Instead, you have to know exactly what you’re looking for where a candidate’s abilities, experience, and traits are concerned.
- Engage candidates in video interviews – this will enable you to connect with career candidates face-to-face during online virtual recruitment events. It will be easy to determine their communication skills, job fit, motivations, and personalities without having to schedule in-person interviews or pay for costly travel expenses.
- Finding the best talent involves asking the right questions – if your goal is finding the most outstanding talent, you have to ask the right questions such as:
- How did you cope while working under pressure?
- How did you handle working with an individual whose personality and work style differed from yours?
- How did you stay on track when you had to be prudent with your time?
- Make sure you always check a candidate’s references – statistics have revealed that job candidates aren’t always truthful. Believe it or not, roughly 30% of all job candidates admitted that they bent the truth or lied on their resumes. Always ask their former employers about their job performance, personality, and working style.
- Utilize social media platforms – the initial reason social media platforms were created was to enable families and friends to keep in touch with one another. Since then, it has evolved into numerous platforms for connecting with family members and friends as well as strangers, dating, joining movements for change, networking, and reading the news. Use these platforms to market your company to job candidates and assess them based on their social media activity.
For more information about our virtual event solutions, please call Premier Virtual at (561) 717-9717 today.