Hosting National Hiring Events
If you’ve been posting on online job boards, screening candidates over Zoom, or starting up branding initiatives, it’s probably time to jump on board and host an online hiring event. The best way to start is to promote a virtual career fair. These events mimic in-person career fairs in experience but significantly exceed them by utilizing easy-to-navigate virtual environments. So, if you’re ready to proceed and set up and host a national online hiring event, here 6 steps to follow:
- Define your business goals – an online hiring event will provide the metrics you need if you’ve done the proper planning. Before setting up your virtual event, you need to define the goals of your business so you can attract the candidates you want.
- Choose a virtual career fair platform – there are two types of virtual career fair platforms available on the market. One is simpler and consists of a webpage that contains chat windows. The other type is considerably more elaborate and mimics an in-person career fair.
- Customize the virtual booth experience – one of the key benefits of virtual booths is that they provide a lot of flexibility for creativity. You can experiment with different features such as the type of information about your company that you want to offer job candidates as well as branding, content, and engagement.
- Promote your online hiring event – as with an in-person career fair, the biggest task or challenge is enticing the right candidates for the job. So unless you don’t care about how many individuals show up, you need to promote your event every step of the way from the pre-event process to your post-event reports.
- Monitor your performance metrics – you shouldn’t focus solely on setting up your hiring event. You also need to be concerned about the results of your efforts. These metrics can help you evaluate the features and type of content that were the most popular. It will also tell you how many visitors you had overall. That helps you get more information on the event.
- Analyze the results of your event – you should analyze the following information:
- booth and session traffic
- chat room interactions
- data from questionnaires, polls, or surveys
- engagement and traffic metrics
- number of actual attendees
- number of applications that were uploaded
- number of individuals who registered
To host a successful online hiring event, your business goals should be the key and drive the event. Our business representatives are here to clarify your doubts and provide you with more information about our services and ways we can be of assistance. To learn more about hosting a national online hiring event, call Premier Virtual at (561) 717-9717 today.