Attracting Talent For Remote Work Using Virtual Hiring Events
Working remotely has quickly become one of the more desirable perks employers can offer to prospective employees. It’s been estimated that by 2025, nearly 25% of the American workforce will be working remotely on a full-time basis. That’s almost double the percentage of individuals that were full-time remote employees before the COVID pandemic. Furthermore, as increasing numbers of corporations and organizations are turning to long-term hybrid or remote workplace models, employers will continue to compete for the top candidates in their industries.
Top 6 Qualities of the Best Remote Workers
While employers want to attract remote workers, that doesn’t include hiring just any remote worker. Many employers saw cash flows suffering during the COVID-19 pandemic and can’t just hire any applicant off the street. Therefore, it’s essential to attract the most productive remote candidates out there. Along with industry-specific competencies and skills, there are 6 qualities that the top candidates for remote employment should have. The most successful individuals will demonstrate these 6 skills:
- critical thinking skills
- eagerness to ask questions
- interpersonal skills
- strong written communication skills
The most talented candidates will go above and beyond whatever it takes to be successful in the virtual workplace. They will ensure that recruiters are impressed with their skill set.
How Can Employers Appeal to Remote Workplace Candidates?
As an employer, you need to be prepared for the unique challenges of recruiting the type of remote employees you need. First and most importantly, companies should already have a proven virtual recruiting and hiring process in place that continually measures and optimizes their effectiveness. In addition to this, the strategies listed below can help you attract and recruit the highest-quality remote employees:
- Ask for referrals and utilize other employees’ connections.
- Develop a strong online and social media presence.
- Invest in virtual career fairs and online hiring events.
- Manage your online reputation by:
- Posting company details and profiles on employment sites
- Consider any reviews as helpful feedback
- Understand that your brand can change
- Offer candidates more competitive, non-traditional benefits.
- Promote virtual career fairs and online hiring events.
- Utilize job boards, social media platforms, and other media to post job openings.
Some individuals may be more vital remote employees to a company than others. So, as an employer, you have to evaluate each candidate based on the job-specific skills and traits of the most productive remote workers. Plus, you need to develop unique strategies that will appeal to the best remote work candidates. For more information, call Premier Virtual today at (561) 717-9717 and talk with our company representatives. We are here to help you get started virtually.