As our lives were held hostage by the pandemic, many of our traditional habits were no longer sustainable. We embraced the concept of working remotely while at the same time letting go of traditional activities such as commuting to work, dining out, teaching in classrooms, weekend getaways, and working out at the gym. Over the past couple of years, businesses were forced to make significant adjustments and learn how to be comfortable with virtual event platforms and virtual hiring software.
What is Hybrid Recruiting and Why Does it Work?
The combination of in-person recruiting practices with the use of a virtual recruitment platform is commonly referred to as hybrid recruitment. The concept involves a strategy for acquiring talent that yields the most significant results compared to how the in-person and virtual practices do separately. Hybridization works because of 3 key factors – 1) it allows people to move forward so they can achieve their goals, 2) it enables increased flexibility in the hiring process, and 3) it reduces the risk of exposure to the virus.
Unique Hybrid QR Code
The Premier Virtual platform takes hybrid events to the next level by generating a unique QR code for each booth at the event. The QR code is printed and placed in front of the booth, which allows candidates to scan it and access all of the employers information virtually. Instead of standing in a long line, they can quickly view the open positions and submit their resume to apply. While the candidate can still meet with the recruiter in person, they can also move on to the next opportunity and come back when there are less people on line. In addition, the recruiters now have all of the candidates information stores electronically for easy follow-up.
Furthermore, hybrid recruitment practices arose out of the need for alternate talent acquisition methods because of adapting to working remotely and canceling in-person activities. Upon further consideration, business owners and recruiters discovered the many benefits of hybrid recruiting. As a result, an overwhelming 81% of talent recruiters agree that recruiting job candidates through the use of in-person interviews and video interviewing platforms will continue post-pandemic and may become the new standard. It has helped access more people living in other cities and countries without the additional cost of relocating them.
The 6 Benefits of Hybrid Hiring Events
Essentially, headhunting takes a proactive approach whereas traditional recruiting is reactive. Because of the following benefits considering the hybrid recruiting approach is well worth it:
- It enables recruiters to broaden their approach by creating a solution to their hiring needs and reaching a larger target audience of candidates.
- It creates a way for companies to gather all of the in-person activity digitally, for easy access and future follow-up.
- It gives job-seekers that are apprehensive about in-person events and opportunity to participate and apply for jobs they might have otherwise not been able to.
- It finds individuals that are a better fit for companies and are more likely to remain with them over the long term
- It emphasizes the needs and requirements of your business
- It provides business owners and employers access to a high-quality talent pool.
- It provides more strategic insight into the needs of the business and the role the candidate would be playing if hired
- It reaches a global target audience of job candidates.
The hybrid approach to recruiting and hiring enables employers to conduct a more comprehensive search for the right talent. For more information about the best virtual event platforms, call Premier Virtual at (561) 717-9717 today.