The Covid pandemic forced employers to pivot to virtual to be able to hire and avoid the face-to-face disruption. This taught employers, recruiters and staffing companies valuable lessons and new hiring strategies that remain in place today.
Essentially, virtual proved that it has many advantages over in-person only events. It’s not to say that virtual needs to replace in person hiring events, but adding virtual, and turning in-person events into hybrid events will yield better results. Below are just a few of the main reason you want to make sure you integrate virtual into your hiring strategy.
A virtual hiring event platform offers several benefits compared to traditional in-person hiring events. Here are some of the advantages:
- Wider reach: Virtual hiring events allow companies to reach a larger and more diverse pool of candidates. Geographical limitations are eliminated, enabling participation from candidates regardless of their location. This expands the talent pool and increases the chances of finding the right fit for the job.
- Time and cost savings: Hosting virtual events eliminates the need for renting physical venues, travel expenses, and other logistical costs associated with in-person events. Recruiters and candidates can attend from their respective locations, saving time and reducing overall costs.
- Convenience and accessibility: Virtual hiring events provide convenience to both recruiters and candidates. Recruiters can easily schedule and manage multiple interviews and interactions from a central platform. Candidates can participate from the comfort of their homes or offices, reducing the stress and expenses associated with travel and accommodation.
- Enhanced efficiency and productivity: Virtual platforms streamline the hiring process by providing features like automated interview scheduling, candidate screening, and digital resume management. Recruiters can efficiently manage large volumes of applicants, conduct back-to-back interviews, and easily collaborate with their team members. This leads to improved productivity and faster hiring decisions.
- Increased engagement and interactivity: Virtual platforms offer various tools and features to enhance engagement during hiring events. These can include live chat, video interviews, interactive presentations, and virtual networking rooms. These interactive elements facilitate better communication between recruiters and candidates, allowing for a more immersive and personalized experience.
- Data-driven insights: Virtual hiring event platforms often provide analytics and data tracking capabilities. Recruiters can gather valuable data on candidate engagement, interview performance, and event success metrics. These insights enable recruiters to make data-driven decisions, optimize their hiring processes, and improve future events.
- Environmental sustainability: By eliminating the need for physical travel and reducing paper usage, virtual hiring events contribute to a more environmentally friendly approach. This aligns with sustainability goals and demonstrates a company’s commitment to reducing its carbon footprint.
Overall, virtual hiring event platforms offer numerous benefits, including broader candidate reach, cost savings, convenience, efficiency, enhanced engagement, data-driven insights, and environmental sustainability. These advantages make them an attractive option for companies looking to streamline their hiring processes and find top talent.
After powering over 7,000 virtual job fairs, Premier Virtual has become on of the top rated, and most reliable platforms in the industry. But there still are employers and recruiters who have not adapted, and not embraced this format. For those that remain on the fence, let’s also review what a virtual job fair is and why it can accomplish everything you can do in an in-person event.
What is a virtual job fair?
A virtual job fair, also known as an online job fair or virtual career fair, is an event that connects job seekers with employers in a virtual environment. It is a digital adaptation of traditional job fairs where employers set up booths or stalls to showcase their company and available job opportunities, and job seekers attend in person to meet and interact with recruiters.
In a virtual job fair, the entire event takes place online through a dedicated platform or software. Job seekers can log in to the virtual fair from anywhere using their computer or mobile device, while employers can participate remotely from their offices. The platform typically includes features such as chat rooms, video conferencing, and information booths to facilitate communication and engagement.
Here’s how a virtual job fair typically works:
- Registration: Job seekers register for the virtual job fair by providing their details, including their resume, job preferences, and contact information.
- Virtual Booths: Participating employers set up virtual booths that represent their company. These booths can include company information, job listings, videos, brochures, and other resources to showcase their organization and available positions.
- Interaction: Job seekers can browse through the virtual booths and interact with recruiters through various means. This may include text chat, audio calls, or video conferencing. They can ask questions, learn more about the company and its job opportunities, and submit their resumes.
- Presentations and Webinars: Virtual job fairs often include live or pre-recorded presentations and webinars where employers can provide insights into their company culture, job requirements, and application processes. Job seekers can attend these sessions to gain more information and interact with presenters.
- Networking: Some virtual job fairs offer networking opportunities where job seekers can connect with other attendees, industry professionals, or alumni from their alma mater. These networking features may include group chats, virtual meetups, or one-on-one networking sessions.
- Follow-up: After the virtual job fair, employers may follow up with promising candidates, schedule interviews, or provide further instructions for the application process. Job seekers can also follow up with recruiters to express their continued interest and inquire about next steps.
Virtual job fairs offer several advantages, such as eliminating geographical constraints, reducing costs, providing convenience to both job seekers and employers, and allowing for a wider range of interactions and engagement opportunities. They have become increasingly popular, especially in situations where in-person events may be limited or restricted, enabling companies to connect with a larger pool of talent efficiently.